- Sponsor: National Institutes of Health
- Internal Deadline: July 29, 2020
- Sponsor LOI Deadline: September 29, 2020
- Sponsor Deadline: October 29, 2020
- Link: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AG-21-024.html
This FOA supports applications for Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Centers (OAICs), centers of excellence in geriatrics research and research education, to increase scientific knowledge leading to better ways to maintain or restore independence in older persons. The OAIC awards are designed to develop or strengthen awardee institutions’ programs that focus on and sustain progress in a key area in aging research related to the mission of the OAIC program.
Please read the full program announcement before preparing your internal application.
- NIA intends to commit approximately $5.2 million to fund 5 competing awards in FY21 and approximately $1.3 million to fund 1 competing award in FY22.
- Annual direct costs are limited to $950,000.
- The maximum project period is 5 years.
- Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.
- Application review criteria can be found here.
An Institution may submit one proposal.
If you are interested in submitting for this program, you must first submit an internal application to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the required instructions below.
Internal Applications must include the following:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal
- Your name, UGA position, home department, email, and UGA contact information
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if any)
- Indicate whether or not you have submitted to this program in the past. If so, please provide a copy of the review at the end of the internal application.
- A (maximum two-page) proposal summary that addresses the program’s specific selection criteria.
- One paragraph describing why this proposal should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why it will be the most competitive for this program)
- A two-page Curriculum vitae
Limited Submission announcements often generate multiple competing proposals. UGA reviewers judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put their best foot forward. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria.
Internal Submission Instructions
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to email@example.com by the internal deadline listed above.
Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions directly related to this program, please contact the following program officers:
Basil Eldadah, MD, Ph.D.
National Institute on Aging (NIA)
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited Submissions.
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.
What is a Limited Submission?