“Getting to Work with Industry: A New Toolkit for Developing Successful Partnerships”
Thursday, Sept. 7, 2:30-3:30pm
- Kyle Tschepikow, Executive Director of Business Engagement and Innovation, Office of Business Engagement
- Allison Chesnutt, Senior Director of Business Engagement & Philanthropy, Office of Business Engagement
- Richard Potter, Director of Business Engagement & Research Collaboration, Office of Business Engagement
- Stacy Stanford, Senior Director of Business Engagement & Strategy, Office of Business Engagement
In this session of Research Live, Office of Business Engagement (OBE) senior leadership will discuss the benefits to researchers of fostering relationships with industry and showcase OBE’s new Business Engagement Toolkit for Faculty. The toolkit helps investigators understand the differences between industry collaboration and other types of sponsored research, build compelling proposals for industry partnerships, and navigate the various contracts and agreements that typically accompany such partnerships.
“The Business of Research: Building Industry Partnerships that Pay”
This webinar is part 2 of a five-part Research Live series, “How Not to Research Alone: Creating Meaningful Relationships with Funders.” View the other events in the series.
Friday, Jan. 27, 2023 at 11 a.m.
- Larry Hornak, Associate Vice President for Integrative Team Initiatives, Office of Research
- Marty Bink, Director of Defense & Security Collaborations, Office of Research
- Jake Maas, Director of Proposal Enhancement, Office of Research
- Richard Potter, Director of Business Engagement and Collaboration
- Matt Pruitt, Director of Foundation Relations, Development & Alumni Relations
- Kyle Tschepikow, Executive Director of Business Engagement
University-industry relationships can be challenging to navigate. Faculty who take the time to understand business perspectives are more likely to gain the trust it takes to establish long term, mutually beneficial relationships. This workshop, part 2 of the “How Not to Research Alone: Creating Meaningful Relationships with Funders” series, will provide researchers with tips for connecting with potential business partners and suggestions for framing their research interests as an avenue to address business needs.
“Industry Insight – How our Industrial Research Partners are Responding to COVID-related Challenges”
Friday, May 29, 11 a.m.
Description: Things clearly aren’t “business as usual” for UGA researchers – and our industrial research partners are also facing significant challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Join us as we talk with research leaders from two of UGA’s partner companies, Boehringer-Ingelheim Animal Health and Kimberly Clark, to learn about how their businesses are responding to disruptions caused by COVID-19. We’ll discuss the challenges they are facing and how their companies are adapting their business and research operations, including their interaction with University partners, to overcome these challenges. There will be time for audience Q&A as well.
Moderator: Crystal Leach, director, Office of Industry Collaborations
- Dr. Frank Milward, head of Global Assay and Services Vaccine R&D, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
- Dr. Sridhar Ranganathan, research technical director, Kimberly-Clark Corp.