Chemical and Laboratory Safety
The Chemical and Laboratory Safety program provides guidance to UGA faculty, staff and students on the safe use of chemical agents. The program is committed to chemical safety, health, environmental protection and compliance, being based on current government regulations, guidelines and best practices.
Research Safety Committee
The Research Safety Committee (RSC) guides the development and implementation of campus-wide Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies that reduce safety, health, and environmental risks related to research, teaching, and public service laboratories or other related work areas where chemical or physical hazards exist.
Laboratory Safety Manual
Reporting an Incident
- For minor incidents that occur during normal business hours and do not involve injury or property damage, please contact Research Safety at 706-542-5288.
- For major incidents, incidents that occur outside of normal business hours, or that involve injury or property damage, call 911.
Documents, Forms & Tools
Signage & Stickers
- Request Signs & Stickers
- Important Phone Numbers
- Gas Cylinder Tags
- Admittance to Authorized Personnel Only Sign
- Eye Protection Required Sign
Standard Operating Procedures
- Opening and Closing a Lab
- Submit Standard Operating Procedure to RSC@uga.edu
- Generic Chemical SOP Template
- Chemical Specific SOPS