The University of Georgia is committed to the ethical principles for the protection of human subjects in research as set forth in the Belmont Report including Respect for Persons, Beneficence and Justice.
In order to meet these regulatory and moral obligations, all investigators and personnel involved in Human Subjects research must complete mandatory training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI).
[alert type=”info”]The Institutional Review Board (IRB) will not accept any protocol or request to conduct research until this training has been completed. In addition, the Principal Investigator will not be able to submit a new application, continuing review or addition of new research personnel until all team members have satisfied this training requirement.[/alert]
Mandatory Training Course provided through CITI
Choose which course best fits your research. Both are equivalent:
- Human Subject Biomedical Research
- Human Subjects Social and Behavioral Research
Access Mandatory Training through UGA’s [button type=”info” size=”sm” link=”http://gear.ovpr.uga.edu/applications-and-databases/uga-citi-login-portal/” target=”blank”]CITI Login Portal[/button]
CITI also provides additional modules on certain vulnerable populations. The Institutional Review Board (IRB) would encourage researchers working with these groups to take these additional modules. In some cases, the IRB may require these modules for approval of an IRB Protocol.
Additional Live Training available upon request:
- IRB eResearch Portal Tips and Tricks (Human Subjects Protocol Software)
- Practice or Research: Defining What is Research and What’s Not
- Data and Biological Samples—Is it Human Subjects Research?
- Crafting Consents—How to create acceptable consent documents
- Protecting Vulnerable Populations
- Beyond the Acronyms: HIPAA and FERPA law
- Responsible Recruiting
- Classroom Conundrums—IRB challenges in educational research
- Other topics upon request
For additional information or to request a training session, please contact the Research Training Core at email@example.com For technical problems with the CITI site or course, contact the CITI Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-529-5929.