A guide to Office of Research media
The Office of Research is home to a wide range of units that serve the research enterprise, both in support functions and as specialized research centers and institutes. Many of these units produce communications materials for interested audiences, including monthly newsletters and dedicated social media channels.
The links below are intended to help you connect with those units of interest to you.
Research faculty listserv
This list allows the Vice President for Research to communicate directly with UGA research faculty. It is used sparingly to promote messages with broad impact across the research enterprise. Subscribe here.
The Office of Research Communications manages two monthly newsletters as well as multiple social media channels.
- @UGAResearch news (monthly research news highlights)
- Research Insights (monthly “news you can use” for investigators, including funding opportunities)
UGA’s central office for research commercialization, Innovation Gateway operates multiple social media channels.
Large Grants & Limited Submissions newsletter
Delivered weekly, this newsletter is devoted to funding opportunities for UGA investigators. Subscribe here.
Sponsored Projects Administration
SPA manages two listservs that serve research-related staff and administrators at UGA.
- Research Administrators Discussion Group: Intended for research administration staff across campus. Subscribe here.
- Grants coordinators: Subscribe here.
The Office of Research Personnel manages listservs for specialized research audiences:
- Research personnel administration: Intended for business/HR managers who assist with postdoctoral researchers, research scientists, visiting researchers/scholars, and research affiliates. To request to be added, send email to email@example.com.
- Postdoctoral researchers: To request to be added, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research unit publications & social media
- Biomedical & Translational Sciences Institute
- Center for Applied Isotope Studies
- Center for Molecular Medicine
- Center for Family Research
- Center for Tropical & Emerging Global Diseases
- Clinical & Translational Research Unit
- Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Alliance
- Georgia Genomics & Bioinformatics Core
- Institute for Bioinformatics
- New Materials Institute
- Owens Institute for Behavioral Research
- Savannah River Ecology Laboratory
- Skidaway Institute of Oceanography
- The Plant Center
- UGA Marine Institute on Sapelo Island
- Willson Center for the Humanities & Arts