Occupational Health and Safety Program
Preparing for Your Appointment
The Research Occupational Health and Safety Program (R-OHSP) Clinic is operated on a very limited schedule. Please be courteous and keep your appointments or cancel in a timely manner.
What should I know before I make my occupational health appointment?
- Services will only be provided as part of an R-OHSP enrollment risk assessment recommendation.
- You must be cleared for scheduling before you will be able to make an appointment in PEP.
- The clinic typically operates on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Please arrive on time and follow all posted directions regarding entry.
- You may be asked to sign additional documents or provide additional information that is legally required for the provision of certain services (e.g. vaccines)
- Please cancel if you are sick. This clinic does not see unwell patients.
- If you must cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance in PEP.
- Repeat no-shows may be barred from participation in the R-OHSP.
How will my clinic records be maintained?
Preventative healthcare records associated with employment-related occupational health services are considered employee health records. They are handled in a confidential manner and securely stored. Electronic copies of many records are maintained on PEP in the User’s private Snapshot Occupational Health folder. This folder is only accessible by the individual and PEP administration. If a participant wants to share their records, they may print and distribute these records from their personal account. The R-OHSP program will limit the sharing of information to what is mandatory for research-related activity. Managers do not have full access to their employee’s health records. Managers are encouraged to contact the employee directly regarding any request for health records.
The R-OHSP Clinic is located on the UGA Health Sciences Campus at 109 Bowstrom Road.
Please click here map and directions. UGA bus service and non-permit parking is available.
COVID-19 Special Precautions. You may not enter the clinic if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 and have not been medically cleared.
- You have had close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You have a body temperature above 100F. (Temperature will be checked before entry.)
- You have any ongoing symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, loss of taste, fatigue, unexplained rash)
- You have been advised by DAWG Check not to come to campus.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, in order to maintain safety in our clinic.