The Office of Research Integrity and Safety (ORIS) provides professional expertise and service to facilitate research that is conducted with integrity.
The mission of the Office of Research Integrity and Safety (ORIS) is to partner with the University community by providing professional oversight, training, subject matter expertise and support that fosters optimal science and scholarship while promoting integrity and safety.
- Working in partnership with researchers to promote a culture of scholarly integrity
- Using professional judgement and flexibility in interpreting and applying regulations
- Minimizing burden by focusing on goals of the regulations and emphasizing performance outcomes
- Implementing best practice that is evidence based and data driven
- Striving for exemplary service by supporting the research community through process navigation
The ORIS comprises the following programs
- Animal Care & Use and the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
- Biosafety and the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Compliance Training
- Export Compliance
- Human Subjects and the Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Research Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Quality Assurance
- Research Safety
PDFs function best when downloaded to your computer and opened with Adobe Acrobat.