The following materials are available for individuals wishing to develop knowledge and skills on Human Subjects.
- Basic Overview of the UGA IRB Review Process
This presentation takes approximately 45 minutes. However, you can self-select sections you would like to know more about.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- HIPAA Rule Summary
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- International Research
- Fully Informed Consent and Healthcare Literacy
- The Research Clinic
- Everyday Words for Public Health Communication
- NIH’s Definition of a Clinical Trial
- Requirements for Registering & Reporting NIH-funded Clinical Trials
Human Subjects Outreach and Training
If you are interested in scheduling a training session for your group or class, call the Human Subjects Office at 706-542-3199 or e-mail email@example.com.
Note: For planning purposes, the following dates have been scheduled. The Graduate Student Open House sessions are open to all graduate students. No registration required.
|Human Subjects Outreach and Training||Dates|
|College of Public Health Graduate Student Orientation||8/9/18|
|Introduction to Research Methods in Higher Education - Dr. Amy Stich||9/6/18|
|Introduction to Doctoral Studies - Dr. Jennifer Graff||9/10/18|
|Research Methods - LAND 6950 - Dr. Sungkyung Lee||9/27/18|
|OLLI - People Under the Microscope: Human Research Over the Years||10/2/18|
|Responsible Conduct of Research - GRSC 8550 - Dr. Suzanne Barbour||10/16/18|
|PhD Seminar - Kinesiology - Dr. Janet Buckworth||11/2/18|
|LING 8100 Proseminar - Dr. Keith Langston (Dr. Mi-Ran Kim)||11/9/18|