To complete the IRB training, you must access the UGA CITI Login Portal.
At the Select Group page, Step 1 gives you basic instructions. Step 2 asks you to Select the group(s) appropriate to your research activities from the following:
- Group 1 Social & Behavioral Research
- Group 2 Social & Behavioral Research – Children
- Group 3 Social & Behavioral Research – International
- Group 4 Social & Behavioral Research – Children & International
- Group 5 Social & Behavioral Research – Internet
- Group 6 Social & Behavioral Research – Prisoners
- Group 7 Bio-Medical Research
- Group 8 IRB Members
Note: Since several courses are available, be sure to select Human Subjects/IRB which is Item #1, and not Responsible Conduct of Research/RCR which is Item #2.
- On the Learners Menu, choose Basic Course. The required and optional modules are listed in the Grade Book.
- Complete all the required modules and associated quizzes. A passing score of 80% or better is needed for successful completion of the course.
Important: If you do not complete all the required modules in one session, you can re-enter the course site as needed to complete the training.