The University of Georgia (UGA) has chosen to subscribe to the Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI) for all of its online based human research training. All UGA researchers who are engaged in human research must complete an educational program on ethics and procedures for the use of human subjects research from CITI before the IRB may review a submission. Refresher training is required every five years (every three years for GCP training.)
To complete the IRB training, you must access the UGA CITI Login Portal. Log in using your UGA MyID and password.
Enroll in the appropriate UGA course. Note: Since several courses are available, be sure to select Human Subjects Courses (IRB) in Question 1. At the Select Group section, (Select the group(s) appropriate to your research activities) choose one of the following and submit your group selection:
- Social & Behavioral Research
- Social & Behavioral Research – Children
- Social & Behavioral Research – International
- Social & Behavioral Research – Children & International
- Social & Behavioral Research – Internet
- Social & Behavioral Research – Pregnant Women
- Social & Behavioral Research – Prisoners
- Bio-Medical Research
If you are required by sponsor contract or federal granting agency to complete Good Clinical Practice training, also choose one of the following in Question 4 (see the NIH Policy on Good Clinical Practice Training for NIH Awardees Involved in NIH-Funded Clinical Trails at https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-16-148.html or FAQs at http://osp.od.nih.gov/sites/default/files/FAQs_on_NIH_GCP_Policy.pdf):
- GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Medical Devices (U.S. FDA Focus)
- GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Biologics (ICH Focus)
When you are prompted that your request has been successfully submitted, click on the name of the course to open/begin it. Complete all the required modules and associated quizzes. A passing score of 80% or better is needed for successful completion of the course.
Important: If you do not complete all the required modules in one session, you can re-enter the course as needed to complete the training.