UGA FAST Grant
The UGA FAST Grant is a program designed to help both increase the quantity and quality of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants from the state of Georgia. This program is funded through the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Federal and State Technology (FAST) Partnership Program.
Through the UGA FAST grant, Georgia-based businesses applying for SBIR/STTR grants will be granted monetary assistance to employ a grant writing consultant to assist with their SBIR/STTR application to generate a more competitive grant.
In addition, UGA will be conducting outreach to the following locations and partner institutions to raise awareness for the SBIR/STTR program:
- Tifton (UGA Tifton, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College)
- Griffin (UGA Griffin)
- Savannah (Savannah State University, Skidaway Institute of Oceanography)
- Fort Valley (Fort Valley State University)
- Albany (Albany State University)
This program is open to any Georgia-based small business that meets the following requirements:
- Prior attendance to the SBIR Road Show at UGA (held virtually) or attendance to any of the SBIR training events held in Spring 2022
- Proof of Concept funding. This can include GRA Phase 1, UGA KickStart, NSF I-Corps Teams, etc.
- Potential for job creation in Georgia. Are they incorporated or primary business location is in Georgia. DE incorporation is fine.
- Ability to pay the $1000 upfront cost and agree to provide the 4% profit to the grant consultant upon successful grant award
Preference will be given to:
- Small Businesses with prior unsuccessful SBIR/STTR applications
The small business must also be SBIR/STTR eligible; please see the official SBIR.gov FAQ for more info.
The program deadline is October 29th for the First Round of FAST Grants
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your application in advance, please contact Kevin Wu to set up a time to do so.