Innovation Gateway serves the UGA community by connecting industry with university expertise and inventions for the public good, promoting economic development and increasing research visibility. The University of Georgia Research Foundation (UGARF) administers all intellectual property at The University of Georgia.
- Evaluating technology disclosures for patentability and commercial potential
- Intellectual property prosecution and maintenance (patents, trademarks, plant variety protection certificates, copyrights, or trademarks) on university technology
- Technology marketing and partnering
- Manage compliance issues for licensed technology
- Company formation and identification of early-stage funding opportunities
- Receiving and distributing license income
- Faculty education on startup, patenting and technology commercialization processes
Additionally, Innovation Gateway supports faculty with the negotiation of research collaborations, material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other contracts governing university technology.