Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) Pre-Award operates under the direction of the Vice President for Research, managing all non-financial matters related to externally sponsored grants and contracts awarded to the University of Georgia (UGA) or the University of Georgia Research Foundation (UGARF).
Selected SPA Pre-Award staff have signatory authority to submit proposals and negotiate and accept awards for UGA and UGARF, and monitor programmatic aspects of projects from idea conceptualization (i.e., proposal development) through final project closeout.
SPA Pre-Award staff serve as liaisons between the university community and external funding agencies for all matters related to sponsored projects administration.
- Financial Reporting and Closeout
- Fixed Price Contracts – Residual Balance
- Georgia Research Alliance (GRA) Leveraging Support for Awards
- Indirect Cost Recovery
- No-Cost Extension Guidelines
- PI Eligibility
- Program Income
- Pre-Award and Pending Award FAQs
- Directions and guidance for how to apply for an indirect cost waiver