Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) Pre-Award operates under the direction of the Vice President for Research, managing all non-financial matters related to externally sponsored grants and contracts awarded to the University of Georgia (UGA) or the University of Georgia Research Foundation (UGARF).
Selected SPA Pre-Award staff have signatory authority to submit proposals and negotiate and accept awards for UGA and UGARF, and monitor programmatic aspects of projects from idea conceptualization (i.e., proposal development) through final project closeout.
SPA Pre-Award staff serve as liaisons between the university community and external funding agencies for all matters related to sponsored projects administration.
PDFs function best when downloaded to your computer and opened with Adobe Acrobat.
- Advance of Funds on Foreign Subcontracts
- Application of Staff Benefits
- Committed Effort
- Conflicts of Interest
- Cost Share
- Direct Cost
- Faculty Leave of Absence
- Facility & Administrative Costs
- Financial Reporting and Closeout
- Fixed Price Contracts – Residual Balance
- Georgia Research Alliance (GRA) Leveraging Support for Awards
- Indirect Cost Recovery
- No-Cost Extension Guidelines
- PI Eligibility
- Program Income
- Pre-Award and Pending Award FAQs
- Directions and guidance for How to Apply for an Indirect Cost Waiver