University of Georgia Special Hazards Safety ensures a safe work environment for laser users on campus, and to insure compliance with State of Georgia laser requirements. The program involves yearly safety audits of all laboratories that employ either class 3B or 4 lasers, safety consultations, recommendations for safe use of lasers, and on-line laser safety training.
PDFs function best when downloaded to your computer and opened with Adobe Acrobat.
- UGA Laser Safety Manual
- Guidelines for the Safe Alignment of Class 3B and 4 Lasers
- Guidelines for the Safe Use of Lasers
- Primary Causes of Laser Accidents
- Responsibilities of the Laboratory Laser Safety Rep
- Laser Control Measures
- Responsibilities of the UGA Laser Safety Officer
- OSHA 1910, Subpart I: Hazardous Materials
- OSHA Technical Manual, Section III: Chapter 6
- FDA CFR, Title 21, 1040.10: Performance standards for light emitting products, laser products
- FDA CFR, Title 21, 1040.11: Specific purpose laser products
- State of Georgia Laser Laws