The Research Occupational Health and Safety Program (R-OHSP) policy has been updated. It revises and clarifies which personnel must enroll in the R-OHSP and cannot decline participation, due to the nature of their work.
The personnel that cannot work unless they are enrolled in the R-OHSP and complete the enrollment form are:
1. URAR personnel
2. AHRC Bioresources personnel
3. Researchers working with BSL3 and ABSL3 agents
4. Personnel working with macaques
5. Researchers working with rabies, rabies infected animals, and specific wild animals defined by CDC as high-risk for rabies.
6. Personnel working with certain high-risk biohazards, as determined by Office of Biosafety and Institutional Biosafety Committee
7. Personnel for whom their PI requires enrollment and participation (PI is responsible for enforcement)
The revised policy can be found here: