- Sponsor: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Internal Deadline: June 15, 2020
- Sponsor LOI Deadline: August 15, 2020
- Sponsor Deadline: September 15, 2020
- Link: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AG-21-019.html
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites applications for P30 Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers (ADRCs). NIA-designated ADRCs serve as major sources of discovery into the nature of Alzheimer’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease-related dementias (AD/ADRD) and into the development of more effective approaches to prevention, diagnosis, care, and therapy. They contribute significantly to the development of shared resources that support dementia-relevant research, and they collaborate and coordinate their research efforts with other NIH-funded programs and investigators.
Please read the full program announcement before preparing your internal application.
- Applications may request a budget of up to $2 million in direct costs per year. The maximum project period is 5 years.
- NIA intends to commit $30 million in FY 2021 to fund 12 – 15 awards. Future years amounts will depend on annual appropriations.
Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.
Detailed selection critera are listed in the solicitation.
An Institution may submit one proposal.
If you are interested in submitting for this program, you must first submit an internal application to email@example.com to the required instructions below.
Internal Applications must include the following:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal
- Your name, UGA position, home department, email, and UGA contact information
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if any)
- Indicate whether or not you have submitted to this program in the past. If so, please provide a copy of the review at the end of the internal application.
- A (maximum two-page) proposal summary that addresses the program’s specific selection criteria.
- One paragraph describing why this proposal should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why it will be the most competitive for this program)
- Curriculum vitae
Limited Submission announcements often generate multiple competing proposals. UGA reviewers judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put their best foot forward. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria.
Internal Submission Instructions
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to email@example.com.
For questions directly related to this program, please contact the following program officers:
Nina B. Silverberg, Ph.D.
National Institute on Aging (NIA)
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited Submissions.
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.
What is a Limited Submission?