The Office of the Vice President for Research will launch a significant redesign of the eResearch Portal for Grants, the electronic system used to submit proposals and manage awards at UGA, during the first week of July.
A user group comprising UGA faculty researchers provided significant input and guidance to OVPR on addressing system navigation, functionality and usability issues. Changes delivered through the redesign will make the system easier to use. These changes include:
A new welcome screen that provides faculty with:
- A “to do” list that shows only proposals where an action by the user is required and provides a description of the action needed.
- Reminders when required training or disclosures are nearing expiration.
- A suggestion box where any user can provide direct feedback to OVPR regarding issues or enhancement requests.
- A simpler and more intuitive workspace improvement that makes required actions more obvious and better organizes proposal data. The workspace also incorporates proposal “progress indicators” so you can quickly see which forms still require completion.
- Improved search functionality for both proposals and awards.
These improvements and added functionality will address many of the issues that users have had with the system. Additional improvements to the system will be released later this year.
Please submit feedback on the system, including suggestions for additional enhancements, through the suggestion box, or contact Gary Rachel, firstname.lastname@example.org.