Tracking Chemicals: How to Add Chemicals to Your Inventory

All chemicals that are brought onto University of Georgia property must be purchased through Central Research Stores (CRS). This ensures that each chemical container receives a unique barcode label and that it can be easily tracked as it moves between labs or once it becomes designated as waste ready for disposal.

However, if you have chemicals in your lab that were not purchased through CRS, you can manually add them to your inventory by purchasing unassigned barcode labels and following the procedure outlined by the Environmental Safety Division.