- Sponsor: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Internal Deadline: November 21, 2019
- Sponsor Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321957
This program assists rural small businesses and agricultural producers by conducting and promoting energy audits and providing Renewable Energy Development Assistance (REDA). The REAP has two types of funding assistance: (1) Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Improvements Assistance and (2) Energy Audit and Renewable Energy Development Assistance Grants.
Updated guidelines for this opportunity will be posted closer to the deadline. The following information is gathered from the previous solicitation.
The Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Improvement Assistance provides grants and guaranteed loans to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to purchase and install renewable energy systems and make energy efficiency improvements to their operations. Eligible renewable energy systems for REAP provide energy from: Wind, solar, renewable biomass (including anaerobic digesters), small hydro-electric, ocean, geothermal, or hydrogen derived from these renewable resources.
The Energy Audit and Renewable Energy Development Assistance Grant is available to a unit of State, Tribal, or local government; instrumentality of a State, Tribal, or local government; institution of higher education; rural electric cooperative; a public power entity; or a council, as defined in 16 U.S.C. 3451. The recipient of grant funds, grantee, will establish a program to assist agricultural producers and rural small businesses with evaluating the energy efficiency and the potential to incorporate renewable energy technologies into their operations.
Please read the full program announcement before preparing your internal application.
The following may apply for this program:
- State, Tribal, or local government entities
- Land-grant colleges or universities, or other higher education institutions
- Rural electric cooperatives
- Public power entity Resource Conservation and Development Councils
Grants are provided for:
- Energy audits
- Renewable energy technical assistance
- Renewable energy site assessments
Rural small businesses must be located in eligible rural areas. However, this restriction does not apply to agricultural producers.
An Institution may submit one energy audit and one REDA request per fiscal year.
If you are interested in submitting for this program, you must first submit an internal application to email@example.com according to the required instructions below.
Internal Applications must include the following:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal
- Your name, UGA position, home department, email, and UGA contact information
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if any)
- Indicate whether or not you have submitted to this program in the past. If so, please provide a copy of the review at the end of the internal application.
- A (maximum two-page) proposal summary that addresses the program’s specific selection criteria.
- One paragraph describing why this proposal should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why it will be the most competitive for this program)
- Curriculum vitae
Limited Submission announcements often generate multiple competing proposals. UGA reviewers judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put their best foot forward. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria.
Internal Submission Instructions
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to email@example.com.
For questions directly related to this program, please contact the following program officers:
Maureen Hessel, Business Loan and Grant Analyst, 202-401-0142
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.
What is a Limited Submission?