- Sponsor: Gerda Henkel Foundation
- Internal Deadline: November 18, 2019
- Sponsor Deadline: January 17, 2020
- Link: https://www.gerda-henkel-stiftung.de/en/prize
The Gerda Henkel Prize was set up in 2006 and is awarded every two years to excellent and internationally acclaimed researchers who have demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievement in the disciplines and funding areas supported by the Foundation and can be expected to continue to do so. The Gerda Henkel Prize is worth 100,000 euros. The prize money may be used at the winner’s discretion. The ceremonial address is expected to be published within six months at the latest.
Support is primarily provided for the historical humanities, in particular to support research projects in the following fields:
- Historical Islamic Studies
- Art History
- History of Law
- Prehistory and Early History
- History of Science
Please read the full program announcement before preparing your internal application.
- €100,000 EUR
- The Foundation invites scholars of universities worldwide, as well as renowned cultural and academic institutions, to nominate qualified candidates. The prize is open to scholars from all countries. Self-nominations cannot be accepted. Neither members of the Foundation Committees or the jury nor employees of the Gerda Henkel Foundation may participate in the nomination process or be nominated for the prize.
- Incomplete nominations or any documents that arrive after the deadline cannot be considered.
Each institution or individual may only nominate one candidate.
If you are interested in submitting for this program, you must first submit an internal application to email@example.com according to the required instructions below.
Internal Applications must include the following:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal
- Your name, UGA position, home department, email, and UGA contact information
- A Rationale for Nomination (2 pages maximum) that explains why you are the most competitive choice for UGA’s nomination. This may include how your research aligns with the Foundation’s mission; examples of what makes you an expert in your field; a demonstration of academic renown on a global scale; etc.
- A list of your most important academic publications from the last five years
- Curriculum vitae
Limited Submission announcements often generate multiple competing proposals. UGA reviewers judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put their best foot forward. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria.
Internal Submission Instructions
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to email@example.com.
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.
What is a Limited Submission?