Grand Challenges Explorations (GCE) open grant opportunities: Note that the challenge on Application of Metagenomic Next Generation Sequencing to Detect and Identify Pathogens is newly added and has different open and close dates from other challenges in GCE Round 22.
- Application of Metagenomic Next Generation Sequencing to Detect and Identify Pathogens
- Increasing Demand for Vaccination Services
- New Approaches for Manufacturing Gut Microbial Biotherapeutics
- Innovation for WASH in Urban Settings
- New Approaches for Strategic Prioritization of Agricultural Development Policies
- Tools and Technologies for Broad-Scale Pest and Disease Surveillance of Crop Plants in Low-Income Countries
- Innovations Driving Programmatic Performance in Immunization: Service Experience and Data Use + Measurement
Grand Challenges Explorations is an initiative that awards initial grants of USD $100,000, and successful projects are eligible to receive follow-on funding of up to USD $1 million. Proposals are solicited twice a year for an expanding set of global health and development topics. Applications are only two pages, and no preliminary data is required. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for-profit companies. The next application round of Grand Challenges Explorations will be in February 2019.