- Sponsor: Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- Internal Deadline: September 6, 2017
- Sponsor Deadline: September 29, 2017 at 4:00PM ET
- Link: http://www.orau.org/lindau
Please note that the internal deadline for this opportunity has passed. However, one submission slot still remains. If you are interested in nominating a student for this program, please contact Lauren Sisko at email@example.com.
ORAU is again privileged to provide funding to support graduate students to attend the annual meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany. They are currently soliciting graduate student nominations in the fields of physiology and medicine to attend the 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting to be held June 24 – June 29, 2018.
Selected students will have the opportunity to attend formal lectures and informal meetings with Nobel Laureate scientists and peers from around the world. Information on past meetings is available at http://www.orau.org/lindau.
The competitive selection process for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting occurs in three phases, starting with university nominations. A university’s ORAU Councilor must submit all student nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, September 29, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
In 2018, the meeting will feature recipients of the Nobel Prize in the field of physiology and medicine. Assuming funding becomes available as anticipated, nominations will be accepted for eligible candidates who:
- Are U.S. citizens and are currently enrolled at a member university as full-time graduate students;
- Have completed by June 2018 at least two academic years of graduate studies toward a doctoral degree in the disciplines of physiology, medicine, or a related discipline; and
- Are planning a dissertation/thesis defense no earlier than January 1, 2019.
ORAU is seeking nominations for a diverse group of students including, women, minorities and people with disabilities. Students must show a genuine interest in science and research; display a strong commitment to the field of physiology/medicine; and be a well-rounded individual who can converse with scientists and peers in a meaningful way.
ORAU member institutions may nominate two students per university. If you are interested in submitting for this program, you must submit an internal application to email@example.com according to the required instructions below.
Internal Applications must include the following:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this opportunity and title of research proposal
- Graduate student name, major field, graduate degree being pursued, estimated years to completion, email, and address
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if any)
- A (maximum two-page) proposal summary
- A short statement confirming the graduate student’s eligibility by certifying the following:
- The student is a U.S. citizen and is currently enrolled at a member university as a full-time graduate student;
- The student will have completed by June 2018 at least two academic years of graduate studies toward a doctoral degree in the disciplines of physiology, medicine, or a related discipline; and
- The student is planning a dissertation/thesis defense no earlier than January 1, 2019.
- One paragraph describing why this proposal should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why it will be the most competitive for this program)
- Grad student’s curriculum vitae
Internal Submission Instructions
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
- Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to Lauren Sisko at email@example.com.
- For questions directly related to this program, please contact Michelle Goodson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cathy Fore (email@example.com).
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited Submissions.
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.
What is a Limited Submission?