The PEN/Faulkner Award honors the best work of fiction published by an American in a single calendar year. The largest peer-reviewed literary prize in the country, the PEN/Faulkner Award continues to recognize the finest American fiction being produced today.
This award is considered Highly Prestigious by the National Research Council (NRC).
Deadline: October 31, 2017
- Books must be published in 2017.
- Authors must be living American citizens.
- Books must be published on a commercial, academic, or small press. No self-published books are accepted.
- There are no submission fees or application forms.
- Bound proofs are eligible for submission for books which will be published in November or December of 2017.
- All submissions must be post-marked October 31, 2017.
Please send FOUR copies of each book to the following address for forwarding to the judges. You are invited to send as many shipments as you like, and are encouraged to send available books as soon as possible.
PEN/Faulkner Award Submissions
201 East Capitol Street, SE
Washington, DC 20003
- The award was founded by members of the international writers’ organization PEN and is now governed by an independent foundation board. The budget for the award and its administration is funded by gifts and grants. We are always grateful for support of the award and of other PEN/Faulkner programs.
- The winning writer and four finalists are honored at a ceremony held in Washington at the Folger Shakespeare Library in May 2018.
- To browse a list of past winners and finalists, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.