The Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is currently accepting applications for its renowned Fellowship program.
Recognition as an AAEA Fellow is AAEA’s most prestigious honor. The main consideration for selecting Fellows is continuous contribution to the advancement of agricultural or applied economics as defined by the Vision Statement. Achievements may be in research, teaching, extension, administration, and/or other contributions to public or private sector decision-making.
This award is considered Prestigious by the National Research Council (NRC).
Deadline: October 5, 2017
Submit a Fellows Nomination
Any AAEA member may nominate any living member for the honor of election as Fellow.
- Please follow these guidelines to submit Fellows nominations (non-complying materials will be returned).
- The nomination package should focus on documentation of the case for the nominee’s contributions rising to a level that warrants recognition as a Fellow. “Continuous contribution” means exceptional service over a period of years.
- Such exceptional service may be demonstrated by:
- research discoveries published in major professional journals;
- leadership in the development of extension programs extensively utilized by other professionals;
- the development of undergraduate or graduate programs of learning that have become nationally recognized professionally and by students who have, in turn, demonstrated success as a result of these teaching programs;
- or outstanding performance in government, business, or NGOs.
- As a general principle, continuous service means more than a single act that might be rewarded by an outstanding journal article, extension award, or outstanding teaching awards.
- The documentation for the nominee provided should make clear the impact of the individual nominated in the areas of achievement to which the nominee has contributed.
- This evidence could include, but is not limited to, reference to publications, awards, honors, reports, or testimonials to notable tasks undertaken and outcomes achieved, or other contributions to the profession.
- Members of the Fellows Selection Committee and AAEA Executive Committee (President-Elect, President, or Past President) may not nominate or provide support statements for nominees. Nomination packages that include support statements from a member of the Fellows Selection Committee and/or the AAEA Executive Committee will be sent back to the nominator for revisions.
- Testimonial letters or vitae are not required.
- The total nomination package should be limited to a maximum of eight typed pages using 12-point font and with margins of at least one inch on all four sides.
- All material must be double-spaced.
- Please include the name, institution, and contact information of all of the nominators within the eight page package.
- Nominations should be submitted as a single PDF file to Brian Mondragón Jones at email@example.com. Please contact Brian if you have any questions.
- The Fellows Recognition Ceremony will be held as part of the AAEA Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL. Information on previous AAEA Fellows and the procedures used to select Fellows is available on the AAEA Fellows page.
Previous AAEA Fellows
The AAEA Fellows page lists those that have been given the designation of AAEA Fellow. Full biographies of each Fellow can be found in the proceedings issue of AJAE in the year in which they received the designation.
Fellows Selection Committee Procedures
The maximum number of new Fellows in any year selected by the Fellows Selection Committee will be set at one for every 800 members or part thereof in the 20th the year before, selected from the nominees submitted by the Fellows Selection Committee. For more information about this process, please read the AAEA Operating Policies.
Fellows Selection Committee Appointments
The Fellows Selection Committee operates with a chairperson, fifteen Fellows and the Past President of the Association. More information about the committee is available in the AAEA Operating Policies.
For questions or more information, contact the AAEA at (414) 918-3190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.