The Burroughs Wellcome Fund is now accepting applications for its Career Awards for Medical Scientists (CAMS) program. CAMS is a highly competitive program that provides $700,000 awards over five years for physician-scientists, who are committed to an academic career, to bridge advanced postdoctoral/fellowship training and the early years of faculty service.
Deadline: Oct 3, 2017 by 4:00pm EDT
- Proposals must be in the area of basic biomedical, disease-oriented, or translational research.
- Proposals in health services research or involving large-scale clinical trials are not eligible.
- The previously funded individuals (or researchers) are listed in the Grant Recipients section of this program.
- All applicants will be required to complete a web-based questionnaire assessing their eligibility to apply for this award. If eligibility criteria are met, applicants will be automatically directed to the web-based proposal form.
- It is strongly recommended that potential applicants review the Request for Proposals prior to accessing the eligibility questionnaire.
- For a full explanation of the eligibility requirements, view the Request for Proposals
- Note: BWF will make up to two additional awards to clinically trained psychiatrists who focus on research at the interface between neuroscience and psychiatry. These proposals must clearly demonstrate evidence of integration of neuroscience and psychiatry in project design.