- Sponsor: Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- Internal Deadline: August 16, 2017
- Agency Full Proposal Deadline: September 1, 2017
- Link: https://www.orau.org/university-partnerships/members-only/events-sponsorship/default.aspx
Up to $4,000 can be requested to support events which involve participants from more than one ORAU institution. Typical events might include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
Criteria for decisions to award Event Sponsorship grants include potential engagement of others, especially students; probability of a long-term collaboration; new or enhanced collaboration (proposed partners have no strong current ties); and well-defined outcome(s), such as a proposal to an identified opportunity, a white paper in anticipation of future funding, or a publication as a result of data collected during the event.
Please note that funding must be awarded prior to the event, and there are two Calls for Proposals. The application schedule is based on ORAU’s fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30). Eligible events for the September 1, 2017 deadline must take place between October 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018.
Final applications must be submitted by an institution’s ORAU councilor. UGA’s councilor is Dr. David Lee.
ORAU limits the number of applications that an institution can submit to this program to one. If you would like your event to be considered for UGA’s one submission, please submit an internal application according to the required internal submission instructions below.
Internal applications must include:
- A fully-completed Events Sponsorship Program Application form. Incomplete forms will not be considered. Please specifically address the following criteria:
- How your collaboration(s) (specifically with ORAU member institutions) will be new or enhanced by this event
- Who specifically the event engages (such as students, fellow researchers, etc)
- How the event will foster a long-term collaboration.
- Specific anticipated outcomes (such as a proposal, a white paper, or a publication as a result of data collected during the event).
- One paragraph (separate from the above Application Form) describing why your application should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why you think it will be the most competitive for ORAU’s sponsorship)
Internal submission instructions: The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to email@example.com by the listed internal deadline. Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to Lauren Sisko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited Submissions.
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.
What is a Limited Submission?