- Sponsor: Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Internal Deadline: June 29, 2017
- Sponsor Deadline: August 1, 2017 by 5:00pm ET
- Link: https://www.grantsolutions.gov/gs/preaward/previewPublicAnnouncement.do?id=59100
The Empowered Communities for a Healthier Nation Initiative will seek to reduce significant health disparities impacting minorities and disadvantaged populations through the implementation of evidence-based strategies with the greatest potential for impact. The program will serve residents in counties disproportionately impacted by the opioid epidemic; reduce the impact of serious mental illness at the primary care level for children, adolescents and/or adults; and reduce obesity prevalence and disparities in weight status among disadvantaged children and adolescents.
The application must demonstrate that the proposed project involves a collaborative partnership with at least two partners (including the applicant), one of whom must be one of the following: an academic research center, prevention research center, teaching hospital, Tribal Epidemiology Center, a public or state controlled institution of higher education, a private institution of higher education, a Native American tribal government or organization.
Proposals must fall under one of the three focus areas of this program:
- Opioid abuse
- Childhood/adolescent obesity
- Serious mental illness
Please read the full program announcement before preparing your internal application.
- Upper $350,000 USD
OHM anticipates funding up to 16 cooperative agreements for $300,000 to $350,000 each for approximately $5 million total, for a one-year period of performance, for a project period of three years.
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education are eligible.
Only one application per organization under each of the three focus areas will be considered for this competition (for a maximum total of three). If you are interested in submitting for this program, you must submit an internal application to email@example.com according to the required instructions below.
Internal Applications must include the following:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal
- Your name, UGA position, home department, email, and UGA contact information
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if any)
- A (maximum two-page) proposal summary
- One paragraph describing why this proposal should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why it will be the most competitive for this program)
- PI’s curriculum vitae
Internal Submission Instructions
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to Lauren Sisko at email@example.com.
For questions directly related to this program, please contact the following program officers:
- Administrative and budgetary requirements:
HHS/OASH Office of Grants Management
- Program Requirements or Technical Assistance:
HHS/OASH Office of Minority Health
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited Submissions.
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.
What is a Limited Submission?