The FDA has issued a Broad Agency Announcement for Advanced Research and Development of Regulatory Science in nine research areas.
1. Modernize Toxicology to Enhance Product Safety
2. Stimulate Innovation in Clinical Evaluations and Personalized Medicine to Improve Product Development and Patient Outcomes
3. Support New Approaches to Improve Product Manufacturing and Quality
4. Ensure FDA Readiness to Evaluate Innovative Emerging Technologies
5. Harness Diverse Data through Information Sciences to Improve Health Outcomes
6. Implement a New Prevention-Focused Food Safety System to Protect Public Health
7. Facilitate Development of Medical Countermeasures to Protect Against Threats to U.S. and Global Health and Security
8. Strengthening Social and Behavioral Science at FDA by Enhancing Audience Understanding
9. Strengthening the Global Product Safety Net
Deadline: This announcement will remain open until further notice.