- Sponsor: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Internal Deadline: March 6, 2017
- Sponsor Deadline: April 11, 2017
- Link: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/grants/fundsavail/nofa16/hudrd
The Research and Evaluation, Demonstrations, and Data Analysis and Utilization program (referred to as “HUDRD”) is managed by HUD’s Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R). HUD is announcing the availability of up to $2,900,000 in FY 2016 funding. The following projects are eligible for award in the amounts listed:
- Accessible Housing and Technology Research and Demonstration (HUD may award 1-4 grants, with the sum total of all awards not to exceed $2,000,000).
- Technical Assistance Assessment (1 award of approximately $900,000). NOTE: Applicants are not required to apply for both projects; however a separate application for each project is a requirement.
Please read the Program NOFA for details on these projects.
HUDRD seeks to further PD&R’s mission to inform policy development and implementation to improve life in American communities through conducting, supporting, and sharing research, surveys, demonstrations, program evaluations, and best practices. This broad mission addresses the following strategic goals contained in HUD’s Strategic Plan:
- Strengthen the Nation’s Housing Market to Bolster the Economy and Protect Consumers;
- Meet the Need for Quality Affordable Rental Homes;
- Use Housing as a Platform to Improve Quality of Life; and
- Build Strong, Resilient, and Inclusive Communities.
Applicants must meet the specific requirements and qualifications specified in the NOFA including having expertise in housing and service programs for low-income persons in general, and the specific HUD programs and activities to be studied as well as the specific research methods needed to undertake the study.
Organizations may submit only one application for which funding is being made available. If you are interested in being the PI for UGA’s one application, please submit an internal application to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the required instructions below.
Internal Applications must include the following:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal
- Your name, UGA position, home department, email, and UGA contact information
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if any)
- A (maximum two-page) proposal summary
- One paragraph describing why this proposal should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why it will be the most competitive for this program)
- Curriculum vitae
Internal Submission Instructions
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to email@example.com by the internal deadline listed above.
Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to Lauren Sisko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions directly related to this program, please contact Madlyn Wohlman Rodriguez at (202) 402-5939 or email@example.com.
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited Submissions.
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.