The International Studies Association (ISA) invites applications for the ISA Annual Best Book Award. This award is conferred for the best book in the field of international studies with a copyright dated the year before the nomination.
This award is considered Prestigious by the National Research Council (NRC).
Deadline: May 1, 2017
- Individuals, authors, departments, and publishers may submit a nomination.
- A brief supporting statement is required of each nomination.
- The nomination with supporting statement should be addressed to the committee chair (currently James Wirtz, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only email nominations will be considered. Nominators are limited to one submission.
- Although there will be no administrative costs deducted from awards and the opportunity is open to both Members and Non-Members of ISA, to maintain ISA’s tax-exempt status, any Non-Member recipient must immediately join the Association to receive the award.
The recipient will receive $500 along with an award plaque and will be automatically nominated for the ISA Book of the Decade Award.
Application and Selection Process
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to contact the publisher and request that copies of the nominated title be sent to each of the committee members, along with one copy to ISA HQ (email@example.com).
- The Annual International Studies Best Book Award is conferred for the best book in the field of international studies in the previous year.
- This award is not presented in years in which the Book of the Decade is presented; there will be no award nominations accepted in 2019. Books to be considered for the award must be published the year before they are nominated. The book(s) that receive(s) the award will be presented at the convention the following year.
Contact Program Chair James J. Wirtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.