- Sponsor: Braitmayer Foundation
- Internal Deadline: February 13, 2017
- Agency Pre-proposal Deadline: March 15, 2017
- Agency Full Proposal Deadline: October 15, 2017
- Link: http://www.braitmayerfoundation.org/guidelines/
The Braitmayer Foundation is interested in proposals utilizing innovative practices in K-12 education throughout the United States. Of particular interest are:
- Curricular and school reform initiatives.
- Preparation of and professional development opportunities for teachers, particularly those which encourage people of high ability and diverse background to enter and remain in K-12 teaching.
The Foundation is pleased to have its grants used anywhere in the United States as seed money, challenge grants, or to match other grants to the recipient organizations. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals, multi year grants, nor grants for general operating, endowment purposes or building programs. Unless a small percentage of the total amount requested, normally the Foundation does not make grants for childcare, pre-kindergarten, or after school programs nor for equipment including hardware, software, and books. Please note: This grant cycle takes one full year from submission of a Letter of Inquiry to notification and may include a site visit.
The Foundation awards grants up to $35,000.
Applications shall be submitted online, via the Braitmayer website, between February 1st and March 15th. By August 1st, the trustees will invite selected organizations to submit full proposals due October 15th. Normally a representative of the Foundation will conduct a site visit prior to the end of February. Decisions will be announced by March 15th. Successful organizations must wait two years before reapplication.
The Braitmayer Foundation limits the number of applications that an institution can submit to this program to one. If you are interested in being UGA’s one submission, please submit an internal application according to the required internal submission instructions below.
Internal applications must include:
- A cover page listing
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal
- Your name, UGA position, email, and UGA office contact information
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions
- A (maximum two-page) Letter of Inquiry describing the proposed project, including timeframe. Please provide contact information, including email. Appendices should be limited.
- Proposed budget
- One paragraph describing why this proposal should be UGA’s submission (i.e., why it will be the most competitive for this program)
Internal submission instructions: The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to email@example.com by the listed internal deadline. Please submit questions regarding the internal competition to Lauren Sisko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our calendar for all Current and Closed Limited Submissions.
Subscribe to our listerv to receive weekly internal competition announcements.